Image Map

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

On the wagon

So I've jumped on the bandwagon and decided to start a blog...I have been wasting spending so much time over the last 2 years keeping up with other peoples lives that I haven't done anything to document mine!
I know, I know, what life, right?  ...no little babes to take pictures of, no incredible kitchen to recreate delicious recipes, no home renos to show you, no wedding to plan...I got nothin'...YET that is!

I do however have an amazing job I love, a ton of hobbies I don't have time for, an obsession with pinterest (duh), a small business I focus very little on but want to change, an ever growing bucket list, some incredible friends, amazing family, one perfect guy, the prettiest.dog.ever. (really.), a packed calendar that makes me 90% happy and and only 10% exhausted, an Explorer that's seen a lot of highway time these last 12 months, and high hopes for a future full of all the above mentioned things that I don't yet have!

                 *               *                *               *

I wanted to start a blog for several reasons. Care to know why? Well guess what? I'm going to tell you anyway!

 Reason 1: I am a kindergarten teacher and love 19 all 22 of my precious kinder babies. I started a class blog "Keeping Up with the Kinders" to keep my parents in the loop. The kids love it, I love it, the parents LOVE it....it's a win all around. I've done a pretty decent job keeping up with it so thought I'd give this a shot too!

Reason 2: I am horrible about taking pictures. Horrible. I have 1582 pictures of 5 year olds and my dog on my phone. 293 pictures of outfits I've created from my closet (so I won't forget, do you do that?? One of my favorite hobs) and 1, count them...O-N-E, picture of me and Travis. One...in a year! Sad. I want that to change. Starting now!

Reason 3: I got roped into going to these weekly meetings at school.  Basically like Weight Watchers but better (because it's free). Anyway, every Tuesday morning we weigh in. But here's the kicker...you have to pay for every pound you gain. We also paid $15 to a pool and the person with most weight lost wins the hefty sum. They had me at winning. And money. So anyway, I'm hoping this blog will keep me accountable for not adding to the fat girl pool (and hopefully going home with the cash!) 3lbs so far, only 57 left to go! Just kidding...I'd settle for 50. Okay, Okay 15. Make me stick to it, please??

and

Reason 4: The reason I'm most excited about! I hope and pray every day think this may just be a year full of exciting things....like I'm talking really exciting stuff here! And maybe, just maybe, that might include a question of sorts, a sparkly addition to my left hand, and a move that will be the most bitter sweet change I have ever made.

So there you have it ladies..."Nameless for now". (No worries, a name change is def in the works!)

What better time to start this new adventure then the most amazing time of the year...a month of giving thanks and reflecting! I have so much to be thankful for that's for sure!

Will a mess of random pics make you think I'm not a lame-o? Here's my attempt...
Check out those publisher skills! ha!
See y'all soon!

1 comment:

  1. I recently starting blogging myself! I have to agree with you about all the pictures in our phone and not documenting our own life. That is one of the main reason I wanted to start a blog as well. I am excited to see how this blog adventure turns out. :) I also look forward to reading more of your post.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!