Image Map

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

3rd Times a Charm


Rockport, Texas.

Hands down one of my favorite places on earth. I have grown up enjoying this part of the Texas coast and have been sharing this love with my sweet friends since the moment we could drive (and even before).

A weekend in Rockport includes all of my favorite things.  Friends, family, fun, drinking, sun, water, porch sitting, relaxing, music, eating....it can't be beat.

Rockport brings people together.  

You see, Rockport is a really special place to me and Travis.  We spent our first weekend (after only one quick, friendly date) there with all my best friends.  We had a great time! A few days later, however, I called things off with him.

Fast forward a few months (after I realized I made a GI-normous mistake).  Travis invited me and my besties to "C.A.S.T. for Kids" this amazing program where you pair up with disables children and go fishing on the coast. I can safely say this was the weekend I knew I'd marry him someday. It was cold and rainy but we had a blast reeling in tons of fish (that Travis caught of course) and the kids we're loving every minute of it. (And no lie, I was loving seeing a man be so incredibly into an activity like this) Later that evening we went to his bosses house, John and his wife Rhonda, for an unforgettable night of fun and drinking and dancing. These people have now become some of the people dearest to me. The awesome bar set up at their house on the canal is called the "Sand Bar" - it's by far my favorite bar to party at and drinks (and delicous snacks) are always plentiful!

I can't remember exactly but it may have been this Rockport weekend Travis told me all he wanted for his birthday was for me to be his girlfriend to which I responded "no, not yet". HAHA. I had this crazy idea that until I was absolutely certain I was going to marry the boy I was with, I didn't want to officially be in a relationship.  (2 weeks later I caved and told him he could be my boyfriend)

So Trav, poor guy, was 0 and 2 at this point. First time we spent the weekend together, broke things off with him; asked me to be his girlfriend, told him no.

Since that trip we have spent multiple incredible weekends together in Rockport, the bay in general, is our place.

And as luck would have it, his losing record changed....when he asked me to be his wife....in the same location we stayed up talking for hours and shared our first kiss over a year earlier, I didn't hesitate for a second. It was a question I had waited almost our entire relationship to answer.

I wish I could remember all the sweet words he spoke to me the night of November 17, 2011. But all I heard was the question that would make me is wife. The question that will always be my favorite question ever asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!