Image Map

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

all dressed in white

WEDDING DRESSES!! 

I have mixed feelings about this actually.  I have a couple particular styles I have always loved, I just love trying on clothes in general so I know this will be fun but honestly, this part is stressing me out.  There are a ton of stores and a billion dresses. I typically have no problem committing to attire but I have NO idea how I'm going to commit to a dress for my wedding! I also am not exactly where I want to be as far as "body" goes. I'm not too thrilled about the idea of sample sizes not zipping...

Deciding who to take with me was a small stress factor this week also.  Obviously my mom and MOH, Casey. I really want Mrs. Urbo to be there as well but I don't want to take away from my mom's experience - I am her only daughter after all.  And I want the opinions of my other besties but I don't want too many opinions... I usually wind up doing what I want regardless but I could def be swayed by others opinions. I don't want to decide on a dress because everyone else loved it and try it on again later and not like it...

There's also a couple dresses that I have been in love with for some time now. Problem is, the closest store that carries them is in Georgia! My mom is all about a trip but I want to try on some others before we go that route. I just have a feeling I won't be able to say "yes" to any dress before I try these on. I'm especially loving the first one.
J.Crew
Although the more I look at flowy styles the more I think I want fitted!

Oh, delimas, delimas, delimas... 

I have told myself that this first trip will just be fun. I've asked the besties and Mrs. Urbo to come and "play", get some ideas, opinions, etc. and then when I feel ready, I'll go back with my mom and make a final decision. I think it sounds like a pretty solid plan and I am pretty excited about this whole process!

Here are a few dresses I love, love, love.

These are all random google pics, I have no idea who the designers are. Bum.

Where in Houston did you find your perfect dress??


3 comments:

  1. I felt like I would never find the perfect dress and we went to David's and I fell in love with one right away. Good luck on finding your dress!

    I tagged you in my blog post. Go check it out!
    www.onthefrontporchlookingin.com

    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm a fan of the lace! ;)

    Have so much fun trying on dresses, Mandell! You only get to try these dresses on once and it will be the best shopping trip of your life! You will be a stunning bride. :)

    Check out Mia Bridal Couture - I loved everyone who helped me there and they are always getting new dresses so there is lots to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lace dresses are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!