I may be the worst picture taker of all time...but I keep a mean calendar. Having exact dates is kind of fun! And, big shocker, I actually have some pictures of what went down in 2011. Let's do a little end of year review shall we?
- I got sick. I mean sick, SICK with the flu and missed an entire week of school. I then mustered up the energy to go back the following week and fainted during lunch duty - in front of 80 terrified kinder babies.
what is going on with my spacing up there??!
- My birthday wishes were granted when we got a "snow day" and didn't have school the Friday before my birthday. I worried that Travis wouldn't be able to drive in town to celebrate. (He did!)
- I made the girls (and Danny) get bundled up and "sled" down our apartment ramp. It was fun. Until the ice melted...we also ruined 3 cookie sheets.
- Casey planned a fun painting/wine class for the girls while the boys boozed (and created an impressive yet highly inappropriate picture for me as a
thoughtfulhilarious gift...) We had a great time and a huge bar tab.
- We went shark fishing in Galvey! And I actually have pics from that trip but can't for the life of me find them! Grr.
- I fell in a little bit of love with Travis in Rockport at CAST for Kids and partied hard
all nightuntil we couldn't party any more (9 pm) at the Sand Bar. It was a looong day!
- We celebrated Katie's birthday in midtown.
- Rodeo season started! (The funnest month of the year)
- I ran the Warrior Dash. Got muddy and had a blast!
- I surprised Travis in Victoria on the first day of my Spring Break with a steak dinner (and my awesome company of course!) I fell in A LOT of love with him as he showed me a memory book his mom had made. Most precious little ginger kid ever, sweetest notes he wrote the people he loves most, emails from his teachers raving about what a great student/athlete he was (In high school! What HS teacher goes out of her way to email a student's parents??)
- My brother Taylor and his girlfriend Katie got engaged! We celebrated at a surprise lunch in Austin.
- Travis got and incredible opportunity at work. He accepted and got ready for this huge transition.
- We went to our first of nine hundred million wedding together from then until forever.
- I spent a weekend in his hometown to meet his parent's for the first time and fell in love with them too. We rode horses, shopped, ate, played on 4 wheelers, and Mr. Urbo just happened to have beekeeping gear (a hobby I am SO excited about starting one day soon!)
- We had another awesome weekend in Rockport celebrating Justin's 25th. Even though the boys could care.less. I thought it'd be fun to make it a little cutesy so beer labels and cakeball toppers it was!
|Notice the unwelcome addition to the pic? We obviously had no idea. Bday boy does what the bday boy wants I suppose.|
- Travis and I spent one of many, many, many days at his bayhouse in Palacios for Easter.
- We joined Lindsey for shopping, lots of Skinny Girl, lingerie, and laughs at her bachelorette party in beautiful La Grange, TX.
- We celebrated Travis' brother Chris graduating from the Texas Maritime Academy in Galveston. (I love these pics but they aren't on a computer!)
- Beautiful Abby married her man and we danced (and sweated) the night away!
- We went to New Orleans, my favorite city in America, for Memorial Day. It was a blast!
- Travis moved far, far away to Carrizo Spring, TX. Not to be confused with Mexico.
- I welcomed summer with open arms after a long, long year in Kindergarten.
- Lindsey married her man and we celebrated the couple at a beautiful reception.
- I spent a weekend with Travis in Carrizo and we helped catch baby deer to be tagged and vaccinated.
- We celebrated Ashley's 25th with a girls weekend in San Antonio on the River Walk and at Sea World (My first trip, but not my last! I fell in love with the Shamu show!)
- I started a business, Class Couture, I had been thinking about for years. I spent the summer sewing away! It was really fun but as it turns out...working all day and then coming home to work more is well, a lot of work. Something I would like to really peruse more seriously when I have more "free" time.
- We celebrated America with Travis' entire family at their bay house. A good time had by all!
- I found out Britt and Mark were going to have a BABY!! I cried...in a bar. It was quite ridic.
- We spent a weekend with friends in Palacios and I spent a week in Carrizo with T and Mill.
- I taught myself how to screen print!
- I anxiously awaited college football and started a Christmas countdown.
- My summer ended. Tear. But I welcomed 22 sweet kinder babies into my class! I dipped my toes in the water and decided to start a class blog.
- College football started! My idea of a perfect Saturday was back in my life!
- I stayed busy with Class Couture orders.
- We spent a weekend in Cuero.
- Had too much fun, yes too much fun, at a wedding.
- With the help of Mr. Urbo I grew pumpkins! One of my very most favorite things ever!
- We went to Cuero for Turkey Fest. (Wish I had pics! It was a blast!)
- We celebrated Dan's bday in Palacios. Fun as always!
- We had a shower for my brother and Katie. And we skipped out on two weddings.
- Travis cooked at Yoakum Western Days. We watched Cory Morrow put on one of the best shows I've ever seen...and somehow, not sure how, but Travis' ah-mazing ribs didn't even place!? wtf?
- We spent a low key Halloween weekend in Carrizo, just the two of us - never happens - and we carved pumpkins!
- I started this little blog and I am SO glad I did!
- My sweet Mill girl miraculously survived downing 300 vitamins. Thank the Lord.
- Mrs. Urbo and my mom met for the first time! We enjoyed a day of shopping at the Nutcracker Market! Mrs. Urbo did a great job not spilling the beans on what was to happen the following weekend!
- WE GOT ENGAGED!!
- I had an amazing Thanksgiving with my FIANCE!
- Travis was in a wedding in Oklahoma City. We had a blast Friday night which left me feeling not so hot for the actual wedding - I didn't get a pic of my cute dress and new shoes!
- We fell in love with Cabo at my brother's wedding.
- I went to a friends wedding sans Trav but met him that Sunday for the Texans game.
- I spent my very last Christmas as a Landin and loved every minute of family time!
- We went to Pete's to ring in a new year!
And now 2012 is among us and I couldn't be more excited about everything that this year will hold.
New babies added to the mix, a ton of weddings, a big move, a new job, A NEW LAST NAME!!
2012, I am already obsessed with you.
I wish everyone what we will have this year...
SO MUCH LOVE AND HAPPINESS IN 2012!