Image Map

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ms. Landin said "YES!"

Most mornings I have a message waiting for my kids when they walk into class. A typical message usually says something along the lines of "Ms. Landin thinks you're ballar!" or "Did you get your guns up this weekend?" (all my students are Tech fans because I make them be)

I always have fun writing the messages and the kids love to read them but I was especially excited to write a morning message the Monday after I got engaged!!

This is how I told my sweet kinder babies I was officially off the market...

After about oh, 200 guesses on what the picture was ("Is it a pumpkin?", "a wrench?", "a trash can?") someone finally guessed a ring!

I showed them my new ring, which did not impress them much, and told them I got it that weekend. When I asked them to guess who gave it to me, they all yelled out "Jonathan!" (my sweet -and very single-  brother who had just come to school to help us plant flower for our plant unit) I quickly said "NO!" decided not to get in to the topic of incest, and finally someone guessed Travis!

I asked what they thought the ring meant. Guesses were flying! All of them followed by lots of giggles.

"It means you're having a baby." No, no it definitely does not mean that. YET!
"It means you got married."
"It means you have to live with Travis."
"It means you have to kiss a boy."

I finally told them that the ring meant I was getting married! I explained that Travis asked me to marry him to which they all responded "EEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!"

The boys in my class think ole Trav is pretty cool.  I show them pictures of the fish he catches and the animals he shoots and the fun animals at his parents house. They all think it is all pretty spectacular. I had warned T though that he would lose all cool points after I told them what he had gone and done. It was true...they now think he's gross to want to marry a girl. HAHA.  Man, I love little boys!  

3 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing EVER! My favorite is "it means you have to kiss a boy" haha congrats again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love little kids reactions to things like this. Congrats and happy wedding planning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I love this, too cute!! Congrats on the engagement, so very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!