Image Map

Friday, February 24, 2012

"It's that damned old rodeo"

Yep, the most wonderful time of the year y'all!

No, no not Christmas.....RODEO HOUSTON!
And it starts NOW!


Tonight I'll be eating like a redneck and drinking like an alchie at the Rodeo Cook Off! I've been mentally preparing all morning.

In days past we used the rodeo as an excuse to pull out short shorts, skirts, dresses, whatever and flit around all cute. Well, times are a changin' because I'm pretty sure I'm wearing what I have on today...cowboy boots (not tucked into jeans, gasp) long sleeve T and big comfy poncho.  I'm either going to look like the only warm, practical minded sister at the cook off ....OR.... a huge BD.

Either way, I'm likely not to care because I'll be guzzling sipping on *FREE* patron all night long! Don't mind if I do! Ah, the beauty of having friends in high places!

*    *   *   *

Hoping this guy will make me feel like I'm hanging out at Blue Light tonight. Oh LBK, how I miss you.

Josh Abbott Band 
Listen to the song "Taste" you'll quickly become a fan.

 *    *   *   *

In unrelated news, yesterday one of my kinders left to go to a drs appointment.  She came back with the most amazing surprise ever for her teacher....

She gets an A.

*    *   *   *

On that note, I want Chick fil a Chicken Minis BAD!

Real bad.

*   *   *   *  *

It definitely feels like a Friday.  We (the teachers) have found our way into the hallway to discuss "important matters" multiple times today.  I think we may order lunch, which we never do, and they were semi quite this morning so they'll be getting an extra long time for free stations. Luckily, my class is super independent.  Hard work for me at the beginning of the year but easy peasy now...they rock and roll through the whole day. I big fat LOVE Friday's in kinder!

*   *   *   *  *

 In the process of writing this post my mouth went from watering over chicken minis to watering over Jimmy John's.  And from considering ordering lunch to one quick phone call to my little yoga hating brother. He is bringing me Jimmy John's! Can't wait for 11:30 now thanks to bub!


MMMM, sure do wish I was on my couch in Lubb with my roomies, watching crap on MTV, scarfing that delicious Country Club.

Growing up is hard to do.

*   *   *   *   *

I'm thinking when Garth sang "it's the joy and the pain" he was reffering to how I'll probably be feeling tonight and then tomorrow morning...

Here's to hoping for a hangover free Saturday!

Pull out your boots y'all and have a FAB weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be there too! It's so hard sitting here at work, just thinking about all the fun times [and drinks that will be consumed] tonight!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!