Image Map

Thursday, March 21, 2013

March Madness

We've been going a mile a minute around here, with very few weekends to spare.  It's fun no doubt, but to be completely honest, I'm ready for things to s-l-o-w down.

November, December, January, February...all a whirl wind. Just going to skip over those for now. 

March Madness is what you could call it around here.  The month started with a weekend away in Rockport for Turbo's 30th birthday.


Okay, so maybe those pictures don't make our life seem so crazy...

The following weekend we celebrated his birthday in a BIG way with a surprise party at our casa.  It was pretty epic and I was pretty dang proud of myself for my ability to pull it off. Travis still is in shock I, someone who can NOT keep anything a surprise, was able to swing it. 

Feliz Cumpleanos Turbo!
no worries, I definitely had to google how to spell that and got it wrong TWICE (hence the erasing you see) I am a lot of things but a Spanish speaker I am not. 

I did things on a major budget.  I was trying to keep it a surprise after all, which can be difficult when you share money...
I made a pinata and stuffed it with mini liquor bottles and silly dollar store finds, recycled poofs from my bridal luncheon, had snacks and cupcakes, and bought a few fun theme items like the cupcake toppers, and of course sombreros and mustaches (because no fiesta is complete with out them)

The boys had a great time.  So great in fact, they may or may not have puked all over our guest roon. And I may or may not have ripped my precious Anthro bedding off of them in an attempt to keep it pristine, leaving them coverless. I have sworn on my life not to share this information with their wives, which is why I haven't mentioned Cody's name. 

Here's to 50 more birthday celebrations with Mr. Urbo.

Immediately following his birthday weekend celebration I hosted a Bachelorette Party for my college roommate and one of my very best friends. More on that later, but here's a sneak.

I should also mention that on Sunday when the girls left our house in almost better shape than it was on Friday before they came.  The same can certainly not be said for the previous weekend with a house full of boys...

In between all our weeeknds I tried to accomplish 101 projects around our house. 

Unfortunately, my to-do lists are always extremely more ambitious than physically possible. "A work in progress" I keep reminding myself. 

So there you have a tiny recap of a few life happenings all in an effort to become better at this blogging thing.


I'm in the process of  thoughtfully considering actually becoming diligent about this whole blogging thing. Maybe.  In my head it sounds like a perfect idea. But gee-whiz it's a lot of work. For reals. 

But it truly is something I would really like to do on a "more serious" level. We shall see. 

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it. 


4 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I hope you do!! Lovin your blog!!

    Where are you in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy bee! I completely understand too. March and April are ridiculously crazy and I'm looking for to the summer months already!
    Your newest follower,
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, busy! March Madness it IS! Glad that you pulled off a great bday party - I bet it was fun. =0)
    New GFC & bloglovin follower here.
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your parties both looked so fun! My college roommate is getting married soon-ish (okay, in december, but she's so on top of things that most of the planning is done already yeesh! makes my planning process look bad) and I've gotta host her bach party too! Love the little streamer-y things; and pink and gold? Gorg. May have to copy ya!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!