Image Map

Monday, March 25, 2013

5

Or more (?) weekend happenings according to my phone & instagram, my current and long standing obsession.

{You can follow me here.}

Let's get to it.

I want a farm. Well, that's selling my dreams way short. What I really want? A zoo.

Unfortunately I'm not married to one of those guys that buys me everything my heart desires. (Like elephants and giraffes and baby lions and hippos) I've decided a farm is much more obtainable. It's been some time now that I've been trying to convince Travis I need goats and donkeys without much luck so when I texted him this picture:
And he immediately knew where I was and shot down what I was asking for (chickens). I felt defeated.
Back to the drawing board. Next mission? Bees.

Our house has a basement. Very rare for these parts. So when Turbo told me I could do anything I wished to the rest of the house if he could have the basement I happily obliged.

I had just curled up for a Thursday evening date with DVR and pinot nior when a puppy-dog-faced Turbo asked if I could help him decide where to hang things.
Upon further discussion he asked if I would paint a huge chalkboard on one of the walls.
My heart swelled 3 times it's normal size that night.
He's finally come to realize every room DOES in fact need a chalkboard. 

The girls on the other hand are not so sure about this whole thing. I'm kind of with them. It's all very no-windows-cement walls-zombie-apocalypse down there. Weird.  

Saturday we had our first official family river trip. First of what's sure to be countless in the coming months. We are definitely tasting what life is like for people that live where others vacation and it is sweet I tell ya.
Now if only our address was a bit more south...say...Belize?

We spent most of Sunday recovering.

Oh and shaving the retriever, my sweet adopted daughter, (Little Miss West Texas) Travler.
-yes, Turbo gave his dog 5 names. I gave her 2, Travlin' Dog-
It was quite a hairy situation all in hopes to spend more time on the river and less time vacuuming.

My sweet mini-me, Charlotte, has teeth.  They are the most precious teeffers I ever did see.
I love any message "from" a babe.

Ice is my favorite food. Hands down. 
So imagine my fondness of birthday cake flavored crushed ice.
Like all amazing things (Chick-fil-a & Hobby Lobby) they too are closed Sundays.

We had to make due.
It wasn't nearly as delicious but held us over. For now.

link up here, here, here

5 comments:

  1. Lol, I hope you succeed on the zoo front. I mean bees are outdoors and seem easy to upkeep? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you're back to blogging! I must have missed your posts coming up in my dashboard!!! Love your family river pic! Can you believe I've never been there? Horrible Texan I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, your dog is soooo cute!! Hope you'll stop by my blog, I have lots of giveaways in the works! (one that ends on wednesday!)
    www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! umm jealous you had warm weather... AR did not treat us as sweet... we had snow? YUCK! Adorable pups too! We are getting one in August :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will never understand why I only crave Chic-Fil-A on Sundays, and why all of a sudden Pinterest projects are on my to-do list when Hobby Lobby is closed. Shucks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!