Image Map

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The time we got married. (part one)


Details.  I care about them to a fault. 

To be completely honest, the little things no one would notice or see were the most important to me when it came to planning our wedding. 

Everything from the boutonnieres down to the postage.
Cotton, pumpkins, friends, family, all of my favorite things wrapped into one. 

Almost 100% of the decor was done by me. DIY bride for sure. 
My mom was a MASSIVE help and helped me created almost every single detail.  She deserves a metal! And my dad...he deserves one too because a) he put up with all this wedding madness b) he funded this entire event and c) he also crafted all the boxes and crates you'll see.

My parents are thebomb.com. For real. 

Our photography Erin, of ee photography, captured them wonderfully.

Here's a few, and by few I mean a lot...
(brace yourself)

ENJOY! 
 invite suite, designed by me created by Swoon Design.
      (picture from my phone, not ee photography)
          
invites has a burlap belly band tied with string and a contrasting kraft paper tag that read "m & t"

I designed these 3 page programs, my mom helped me sew them together across the top


 I added significant charms to my moms old charm bracelet and wore this at the reception, flower clips were added to the tie of the these comfy wedges



my grandmothers necklace she wore daily, gifted to me by my cousin
aside from my wedding band this is and will always be my most treasured piece of jewelry

 we went with a two tone ring for T and my wedding band is rose gold

My bracelets served as my something old, something new, and something borrowed.
My sweet brothers surprised me just minutes before the ceremony with a special bracelet to wear with these.

My mom and I had an absolute blast at Kendra Scott customizing earring for the ceremony. 
I later changed into j.crew studs for the reception. 

 Even though the florist couldn't get the anemones I was lusting after I was so happy with how our bouquets turned out!

I made my garters that morning.  There was a simple blue ribbon tied to the front.

Entrance at the venue. 
 My father in law provided all the pumpkins.  It was quite awesome! 




 Ahhh, just love this! 

 The ring bearer pillow was possibly one of my favorite details.  My grand father farmed rice in Texas, so this was really special.
It now is happily on our guest bed. I loove it! Our flower girls tossed die cut hearts. 
\

This sign, along with the sign in table, and "welcome ladder" welcomed guests as they entered the chapel. 

 These wreaths I made are hanging our two front doors. I'm determined to make them work for each holiday and season!
I wired the jars and my mom arranged cotton for each pew. 


This is Travis' mom's 57 Chevy his dad gave her for Mother's Day year ago.
Travis loves this car and hopes this will one day be our Sunday "church car" - I love this idea!


I made streamers for the guests to wave as we walked down the aisle. 
The card reads "please wave these streamers as the newest Urbo's walk down the aisle as husband and wife".  It was a really fun touch! 

 The cross was borrowed from my parent's church. We had 4 single white roses in memory of our family members who were with us in spirit.


 Details of the sign in table.



These signs welcomed guest into the dance hall after cocktail hour. 

Who knew old springs could be special? My grandmother and I both used the springs on our beds as little girls! SO comfy! 
I'd wanted to do something with these springs since I was little! I added, cotton and engagement pictures.  This was in the foyer of the dance hall. 

The  courtyard where cocktail hour was help. 

 I loved  my cake(s)!


 My mom made hundreds of her "famous" chocolate chip cookies! YUMM!
Tasted better than it looks but I designed this for Travis and included all the cities and towns we love.


Each tablescape included had a horse shoe! For luck and "U" for Urbanovsky!
The brand on the koozie was a reoccurring theme. Loved the way it turned out!



  I plan to make our chair covers into pillows for our house soon!


 My mom and I created 3 different centerpieces. My mom cut our hundreds of aluminum hearts that hung on the branches. 
Guests took these home.
 I just can't get over the beauty of cotton. Love, love, love!

My dad made countless boxes and crates that we used throughout the wedding. He ROCKS!
These looked beautiful when lit. 

These fun little toys were a HIT! Especially among the children and those that took full advantage of the open bar! 

Our venue didn't allow a sparkler exit so we went with glow sticks at the last minute and I was SO happy we did! 

These make pictures of the party so fun! 

Photo booth fun! 

Each of our grandparents and parents were honored in the foyer of the dance hall.  
We have a LOT to live up to! 

 My incredible mom, once again, came through with favors.  She bagged up her delicious toffee for each guest to take home. 

We tied them up with bakers twine and stuck on our wedding brand!

Some of our amazing food! We served sliders, fries, Cesar salad, truffle mac and cheese, and SUSHI!
I am so sad there is not a single picture of the sushi being rolled.  It was definitely a crowd pleaser!

We also had a hot brownie and ice cream bar.  An ode to my high school best friends! 

Did you make it through all of them? Good job!

There's more to come! 


cotton wedding, fall wedding, pumpkins, orange wedding, tan wedding, neutral wedding, tan bridesmaids dress, ivy and aster gown, briscoe manor, houston wedding, groomsmen vest, groom's suit, cotton boutineer, october wedding ideas, wedding cakes, diy wedding ideas, wedding programs, wedding invites, wedding invitations, 

5 comments:

  1. Not quite sure how I found your blog, but I love it and want to get married again because of you amazing pictures! I kept on reading past entries and loved reading!

    A new follower!

    Liz
    dailydoseofthebrewcrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, lets do it all over again! BEST wedding ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - This is so beautiful!!! All of your details came together perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're wedding looks like it was so much fun! The details are absolutely amazing! We planned and did our entire wedding also {with help from our loving family of course} so I can appreciate the smallest of details! ♥ it all! You should consider being a decorator or wedding/party planner!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!